Monday, March 5, 2012

**Tanner had to have a plantar wart removed off of the bottom of his foot last week. He is supposed to have the other foot worked on in the next couple of weeks.


This is what serious missionary work does to your feet.
The surgery went well. It is healing at a crazy ridiculous rate. I will send pictures soon, just forgot the camera today. I had a nickle sized hole in my left foot and it was a good couple inches deep. The hole is already filled up. Its not healed yet but the hole is filled in less than a week. Pretty crazy!! I have not even had any pain, even after the numbness wore off. Its uncomfortable to walk on so i have been wearing slippers haha pretty funny but hey no one has even said anything or if they did i just said I had surgery and then its all good!
This was a very long long week. Had surgery and then couldn't do a whole lot for a couple days. We worked and I just got yelled at the whole time for being out and on my foot. Oh well no problems with it and I'm fine! So don't worry! Still waiting for that get well soon package hahaha just kidding. I don't need anything I'm doing great.
 The rest of the weekend was spent mostly packing and cleaning the apartment. We visited some people in between but that apartment was wild! It has been a 4 man apartment for around 3 or 4 years so there was so much random junk!!
I have bad news :( because we were moving and I'm tight with the AP's they told me who was leaving this transfer. Klus is gone and I am staying here for another one. So basically I have a feeling I will be senior companion for the rest of my mission and the "easy life" is totally gone. No crutches, just me trying not screw up the freshly trained kids.
 I am very sad Klus is leaving me. He was really starting to come along. Open up and talk to people. Such a  good kid He is like a little brother to me. I am going to miss him and worry about him when he leaves.
Armies of the Lord?
I did realize something though. Well was thinking about it the other night. That God puts all these people and experiences in our way to shape and mold us, also to shape and mold other people. So it is my goal to always do what God wants. Be shaped and to shape and help others the way God wants me to. To "give and take" what God wants from me. Its not easy. My own selfish desires get in the way. I think we all struggle with that. I have said it many times before though God will always give us what we need not what we want. If we align our lives with God though we will understand and everything can be "easier" not easy but easier. The mission is not easy at all. It is simple though. Very direct and straight forward what we need to do what our job is and how to get it done. As "men" we get in the way of that and complicate it. Life is not that complicated either though when you think about it. Its when we make it a big deal that we get overwhelmed. One day at a time and it will all work out. I will be feeding myself my own advice all of this next Transfer.....Wish me luck!!!
Jared good job in California. Sorry you had a couple rough patches. Keep working though its going to be alright!
Glad you all got back safe. I love you
Dad consider getting a real GPS its so worth it. Trust me!!
ps... I also forgot to mention the crazy weather we had!! We had Tornado's warnings all Friday night. It was insane. Sirens going off all over. A Tornado touched down in the town next to us and there was all this warning going on people were hiding in shelters and everything. Then the storm shifted up north it was headed straight for us at full speed Tornados and everything then it just went north and the cold front dropped and took most the momentum with it so the storm calmed big time, the only thing we got was tons and tons of rain that night it poured. The lighting stuff is really cool though its purple and lights up the whole sky and well its a little bit scary when they announced to seek shelter Klus and I went on our deck to watch it. He said he was pretty worried I just thought it was cool! haha we all survived didn't even have to hide in the bath tub!!!
I really am not a huge fan of the South, I'll be honest... I'll stick my my west coast weather please!

Love Elder Charlesworth

No comments:

Post a Comment