Monday, August 27, 2012

Service is just about killing me-are you up to a challenge


Hello!!! How is everyone?
 Things are going really well here! We had a very busy week. Stuff to do in our area and in the Zone. It was a new transfer so we had people who "white washed" an area (two new missionaries in an area) and had to drive 50 miles to give them supplies because they had zero things to teach with. So that took up a large chunk of the day. We were running all over the place trying to get things done. We did some service for the C family who is so great. Such a solid family. They told us how they are having an armadillo digging stuff up so I said I'd take care of that and would get a hold of a trap and bring on Sunday. While I was about to mow the lawn. Right there on the edge of the grass part way in the driveway I had one of those sudden "spidy sense" moments I had the thought" jump out of the way." I felt like something large was on its way. I dove out of the way for no apparent reason at the moment I thought. Then realized there was a mini van a couple inches away from me at this moment. Sister Castros 20 year old daughter was trying to avoid the trash can on the other side of the driveway (they have a nice house with a very large driveway) and didn't look to see if there were any PEOPLE on the otherside. She came running out of the car freaking out feeling so bad. So of course I had to give her a hard time. My adrenaline was going, I had a racing heart. Oh wow I was litterally a couple of  inches from being under a car. We ate dinner over there last night and I kept giving her a hard time about it and her mom loves to join in with me haha. She's a really nice girl and I should probably stop and just let it go. She did alnost "kill" me though hahaha.
 Elder Anderson is my new companion. I knew him before and was so excited for him to come with me. We are very alike except he's a little weirder than I am. We are both tall and skinny and goofy goofy Elders who love to joke and have a good time. We mean business though! We really have a lot of goals and things we would like to see happen. He only has 11 weeks left so I might be in the area for a bit longer but i'd be okay with that. We had a really good Zone Leader council meeting on Friday with President Snow and all of the other Zone Leaders. Elder Heimuli was there and holy cow that Elder is doing so good. He is on fire right now I want to serve with him again, He also goes home in 11 weeks so I wont get the chance. He's grown so much and is really doing some good stuff there in his zone and area. The meeting was great. Its just that a council we talk about the zones and about what we need to do about the Gospel its so fantastic and President is so inspired we truly are blessed to have him here.
 We had some really great experiences with members this week. We are trying really hard to challenge them and grow their testimonies. There is one family that has 11 kids 2 of them are on a mission and others are married. They do have a 13 a 10 and a 7 year old still at home and 4 of their daughters live in the same street as them. Everytime we eat over there they all come. A lot of them have not been that active recently but have been growing a lot and coming to church every week the past few weeks. They are so neat. All so funny and you can just feel the friendship and love they have for each other. We have been challenging them to introduce the Gospel to someone new. This family already has done that for years. They were the first Spanish members here in Peach Tree City over 10 years ago. They are really fun to teach with all the Grandkids and kids running around. They make it fun. We can joke a bit with them but still be spiritual. We talked about Sacrifice. If you have not seen the John Tanner stroy you need to watch it. (youtube i bet) we watched the short video and then talked about the things that we can sacfrifice for the Lord. Time, missionaries, money, talents. tons of things. We all really got to thinking. This question is for you at home! Whatcan you all sacrifice for the Lord? Remember the excuse I'm busy or I'm poor or whatever does not work with sacrifice because if it were easy then it wouldn;t be a sacrifice then would it? Sit down as a family and pray and then decide something you could sacrifice/ TV or maybe go mow a neighbors yard whatever it is make a sacrifice and I promise you that blessings will come in to your life that you have no idea that God had them waiting for you. I have been making lots of sacrifices lately not only do I feel the Spirit more but i feel better, I have been blessed so much. So what can you put on the alter? in oder to receive certain blessings we need to sacrifice. First we repent of whatever little thing keeps god's power from our life (remember repentance is not always a sin it could be anything that you could do better, like read the scriptures more, pray more tell mom I love you more, help mom more. etc.) Repent, and then sacrifice you will see the blessings flood into your life! Thats my invitation to all of you. I want to hear about how it goes!
 It is going really good here. Church was great yesterday I learned a lot from the classes and got some newat revelation of soemthings I need to do. Maybe I'll tell you about it someday. Just not much time today.
Sounds like life is back in the norm. Kids going to doctors. School. No rest haha thus is life right?
I hope everyone is doing good and I want a letter form ALL of the kids this week. Jared you have not written me once I'm calling you out! I want to hear how highschool is!!!!! how you're gym is doing all that stuff. I never hear anything from Jared!
hope everything is going great.  Love Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment